Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When the fire has been extinguished and you are ready to begin restoring your home or your commercial property, SERVPRO of Greater Broken Arrow is here to help. We have a seven step restoration process that we typically utilize for each fire damage emergency that we respond to. Of course, each fire emergency will have varying levels of damages, but SERVPRO of Greater Broken Arrow is able to restore back to "Like it never even happened," by utilizing our tried and true steps we have outlined below. By using these as well as being able to respond "faster to any size disaster," we are able to restore your property and belongings to pre-fire condition.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (918) 250-2300
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.